TCNJ Spring 2021 Website: This is the official source for information on the college’s plans for the spring semester.
Below are helpful terms that the College may use during phone calls and emails with your student related to Isolation, Quarantine, and Contact Tracing:
- Quarantine: separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
- Isolation: separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
- Confirmed: someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Close Contact: someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to specimen collection) until the time someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period* starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
- Symptomatic: someone who reports on the ROAR App having symptoms which the CDC has identified as consistent with COVID-19.
If you are concerned about your student, please submit a CARE Referral here and our case managers in the Dean of Students office will be happy to check in with them and share resources as appropriate. For more information on the CARE process, visit here.
Is your student looking for ways to get involved?
- The Office of Student Involvement
- Recreation & Wellness
- The Fitness Center
- Religious & Spiritual Life
- Center for Mindfulness & Compassion
- We encourage you and your student to follow @ThisWeekatTCNJ on Instagram. Monday morning emails are sent out to students highlighting events that are taking place that week (both virtually and in person). Additionally, residential students are encouraged to follow their residence hall’s Instagram account for events that are taking place with their residential communities.
Off-Campus students coming to campus who need a test:
- All students should have received an email at the beginning of January with their unique registration information. Emails were sent out during the week of January 20th. However, if your student has not yet received an email from Bergen New Bridge Medical Center to register for testing, or if your student did not receive a link to the scheduling portal, please have them send an email to KHioki@newbridgehealth.org and ask for the link(s). Please remember that it is important for your student to use their TCNJ email address in all communications with the company. They will need to also provide their first name (no nicknames), last name, and date of birth. If your student has already gotten their first test, but they are having difficulty accessing their results, please have them email JHCSupport@newbridgehealth.org. Again, they will need to use their TCNJ email address to avoid any system errors.
Again, we encourage you to review the College’s TCNJ Spring 2021 Website to find additional information and resources regarding health & wellness, academics, student experience, facilities, and more.
Additional External Resources
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC guidelines for Institutes of Higher Learning
- Governor Murphy’s “The Road Back: Restoring Economic Health Through Public Health” plan
- NJ COVID-19 Information Hub
- NJ Department of Health
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID